".....it (Port Fairy) is the best value golf in the world - without question." Golf Australia
Congratulations to Diane Robinson who mastered a range of conditions to be crowned the Port Fairy Golf Club ladies champion for 2016 in perfect conditions.
Di's score of 81-80-85 (246) and runner up was Anne Dwyer 85-81-85 (251).
Helen Mahony won her first B grade title with a score of 103-98-90 (291).
B grade runner up was Sally Clarke after a 3 way play off between Denise Harman 104-98-98 (300) and Di Grieves 103-99-98 (300).
There was also a first-time victor in C grade with Helen Greene producing a winning score of 108-111-116 (335) over Judy Austin 119-110-117 (346)
ATTENTION TO ALL MEMBERS - GUESTS OF THE PORT FAIRY GOLF CLUB
It has been brought to my attention that we have some members not towing the line.
Could I please remind you of the following?
1. The pro shop controls the tee.
2. All players must report to the pro shop before hitting off, including social/practice rounds.
3. For competitions players must report to the pro shop at least 15 minutes prior to hit off time.
4. All members/players must hit off from the tee designated by the pro shop and at the time instructed.
5. All players must play the holes in the correct sequence, e.g. 1-18 or 10-18 then 1-9.
6. Failure to comply with above rules WILL result in disqualification.
These are the playing guidelines could we all adhere to them so we can all enjoy the game at the Port Fairy Golf Club.
Consistently ranked as one of "Australia's 50 Best Courses" and one of the "25 Best Public Access Courses in Australia" this classic links style course winds its way through unspoilt sand dunes and provides spectacular views of the Southern Ocean.
"Those familiar with the golf course at Port Fairy will know that it is a precious and unique layout. Nowhere else in Victoria is golf played so close to the ocean or along dune land of such quality.
The gently rolling sand dunes of Port Fairy Golf Club have been largely unaltered by man, only mown in order to define fairways and rough giving rise to a wonderful natural 'feel'.
The club is developing a higher profile amongst the golfing community, earning the reputation of a golf course worth traveling a long way to play - almost to the point of enjoying 'cult' status."
Excerpts from Michael Clayton Golf Design Masterplan for Port Fairy Golf Club
Back to top